Tonight's 10 thoughts from the college basketball world:
1) I am one of the few people that can say that they actually picked Miami over Wake Forest tonight , but even I can admitt I didn't see a 27 point rout happening. Not one in favor of the Hurricanes anyways. This win puts Miami back in great shape to get into the NCAA Tournament while the Demon Deacons have went from a potential #1 seed to a shake #3 seed. I will have more in my bracketology tomorrow.
2) Notre Dame's slide continues. The Irish have now lost six straight games overall and have fallen to 3-7 in Big East play. The last time I checked a team that can't win more than 3 of its 10 conference games isn't going to the NCAA Tournament. Is Notre Dame done? I polled the users here on CBS , and I received a great response I want to share:
Besides an early season one-point victory over what now looks like a slightly overrated Texas team, Notre Dame's resume looks awful. Good losses but no signature wins besides Texas. I don't even think they were on the bubble before they lost tonight's game. It's not over though, they could still win the Big East tournament. They won't, but they could .-azcatsfan Great response AZcats. I agree, Notre Dame's profile is extremely weak at this point, but I wouldn't put winning the Big East Tournament in March past them. There's no doubt Notre Dame is very talented.
3) Did anybody get the license plate off the truck that ran slap over Duke tonight? Wow, what a performance by Clemson at home to cement themselves as one of the best teams in the country. If you had Clemson winning raise your hand. Nice pick guys. Now if you have Clemson winning by 27 raise your hand. That's what I thought. Nobody, and I mean nobody, saw this coming.
4) I think losing to Penn State at home rubbed Michigan State the wrong way on Sunday. Proof? They murdered Minnesota tonight 74-47 and once again proved to anyone still doubting the Spartans that they are the best team in the Big Ten.
5) Utah continues to prove they want in the Big Dance. The Utes win at TCU on Wednesday night sent a message to the rest of the Mountain West. With the win they are tied with San Diego State atop the standings, and next Wednesday they host the Aztecs. That will be a huge game for the conference standings and for NCAA Tournament purposes.
6) Oklahoma State stormed back from a 12 point halftime deficit to knock off Texas Tech. This is a game I wish I could've watched, and since it just ended I don't know how the game ended. All I know is that the Cowboys won 81-80 and that it kept their bubble hopes alive.
7) The other Oklahoma Big 12 school also had quite a game. The Sooners were tied with Texas A&M 69-69 with just over a minute to go. The Sooners dominated the final minute of the game and won 77-71. In case you are keeping score at home that puts Oklahoma at 22-1 on the season.
8) I have a feeling a lot of people have forgotten about Creighton. The Blue Jays are 18-6 and 8-4 in conference play. That's good enough for second in the Missouri Valley, a conference that is known for getting more than one NCAA Tournament bid a lot of the time. Creighton might sneak in the field.
9) Tennessee won a huge game tonight over Arksnsas 74-72 thanks to a game winning shot from Bobby Maze. The Volunteers were suppose to be the one national contender in the SEC this year, but even they have proven to have bad stretches more often than they should. Bruce Pearl's squad is now 14-7 overall and in good position for an at large bid.
10) I had two upset picks tonight ; Miami over Wake Forest & Missouri over Texas. I had a feeling both teams would get resume building wins tonight and they both did. The Tigers beat Texas thanks to Zaire Taylor's amazing three point play with 5.5 seconds left. Mike Anderson is one of the best coaches in college basketball that most casual fans have never heard about.
MAILBAG: I still need questions for the new mailbag, so please PM those to me.
PICKS: I started a picks competition tonight. I'm going to do it nightly so I'd love to have some more people involved. Here's the link to the first day of picks . Tomorrow's picks will be posted tomorrow around midday.
Dantheman4250 POINTS: 80, RECORD: 13-2
Beer POINTS: 80, RECORD: 11-4
Badgerboy1183 POINTS: 74, RECORD: 11-4
Fishstick POINTS 65, RECORD: 11-4
Skins Throwback POINTS: 60, RECORD: 11-4
BCEagles4 POINTS: 54, RECORD: 10-5
GTucker POINTS: 48, RECORD: 9-6
Gonzagafan62 POINTS: 18, RECORD: 8-7
*Please add these up yourself and PM me if your record/points are wrong. It's late and I'm exhausted. I did my best*