1) Will someone please arrest the imposter that played as UAB's Robert Vaden on Thursday night? In one of the most mysterious identity thefts of all-time the Blazers leading scorer was nowhere to be found tonight at Bartow Arena in Birmingham. All that was left was an imposter that wore Vaden's well known #24 jersey and happened to look like Vaden's twin. The problem was that the unnamed imposter couldn't shoot worth a flip. Vaden's imposter went an incredible 0 for 17 from the field and left Memphis with a 55 game winning streak in conference play at the end of the night. John Calipari was reportedly already claiming he had nothing to do with Vaden's disappearance, although he said he didn't mind UAB's best player taking the night off.
Once again, Im kidding but it's got to be awful for Vaden, a senior playing his final big home game to go 0-fer from the field. Out of the 356 three pointers he's made in his career not one of them came tonight.
2) Cincinnati has decided to join the "bubble teams who want in the NCAA Tournament chase" list alongside Virginia Tech, Providence, and BYU. We are still waiting for other teams to actually show they want in, but at least the Bearcats improved their resume by knocking off West Virginia.
3) Speaking of teams apparently wanting to play themselves into the field, how about Michigan? This was my good prediction of the night (UAB was the bad). The Wolverines win over Purdue probably pushes them onto the good side of the bubble for now.
4) Minnesota has appeared to be locked into the field for quite a while now, but that is not so. The Golden Gophers lost again tonight to Illinois, leaving them just 8-8 in conference play. Games against Wisconsin & Michigan remain. Incredibly those two games will be must wins for all three teams.
5) Arizona is the most inconsistent team in the country. The Wildcats knock off top teams and lose to teams they shouldn't, For example they lost to Washington State tonight. The loss pushes Arizona back onto the fence for the NCAA Tournament.
6) Washington knocked off Arizona State in overtime. The win for Washington keeps their chances of a potential top four seed alive. Look out for this team in March. Right now the Huskies aren't getting any attention, but they should be.
7) USC joins fellow Pac 10 bubbler Arizona tonight with yet another loss. The Trojans fell to California (who is moving towards locking up their bid).
8) UCLA survived a great battle from Stanford. The Cardinal have now lost 11 of 16 games since starting the season 11-0. Meanwhile the Bruins are staying in the mix for a top five seed.
9) Forgive me for any mistakes I'm making in this blog. I am extremely tired and trying to make it through it.
10) Don't forget to check out March Madness on Demand ! I can't wait to see the new look!